11 Interesting Facts About Arts Education
“An elementary school that treats the arts as the province of a few gifted children, or views them only as recreation and entertainment, is a school that needs an infusion of soul. That arts are an essential element of education, just like reading, writing, and arithmetic.”
— William Bennett, Former US Secretary of Education
Arts is a form of expression. Educators and parents often lay emphasis on traditional education (STEM) rather than arts education. However, we need to realize the importance of arts education and how it facilities students at the School of Arts in Pakistan.
Facts About Art Education
The arts that the schools of art in Pakistan provide are practical, offer instant rewards, emphasize positive accomplishments, produce tangible goods, and encourage teamwork.
Students have several opportunities to exhibit their abilities via realistic performance in the arts.
Arts education from the School of Arts in Pakistan or anywhere else helps students relate new information to personal experiences and share what they have learned with others, making learning more meaningful.
Let’s go over some interesting facts about arts education, to help you understand its importance.
- Students who participate in art classes in the School of Arts in Pakistan have a threefold increased chance of receiving an award for school attendance and a fourfold increased chance of being recognised for academic accomplishment.
- Education in the arts is essential not just for academic success or regular school attendance; it also contributes to a person’s mental and emotional health and facilitates the development of a more positive personality.
- Countries such as Japan, Hungary, and the Netherlands, which routinely rank among the best on math and science exam results, have made it obligatory for all students to participate in arts and music education programs.
- The results of a study that was carried out in 2006 suggest that a child’s interest in participating in arts education at an art school or particularly the School of Arts in Lahore is a very important connection that might contribute to the development of their reading abilities.
- Kids in the third, fourth, and fifth grades who were taught a foreign language every day in school fared better on their Basic Skills Test than students in the same grades who were not exposed to a foreign language.
This was the finding of one research group.
- According to the findings of certain researchers, prolonged learning in music and theatre is substantially correlated with improved accomplishment in both reading and mathematics.
- According to the findings of a number of studies, high-risk students are more likely to continue their education if they participate in both required and elective art classes and activities.
- A child’s demeanour may be significantly altered by participation in arts programs beginning as early as the elementary school level.
It not only boosts their self-assurance but also has a favorable effect or influence on who they become as individuals.
- New study on the brain demonstrates that listening to music not only boosts a person’s abilities in reading and mathematics, but that it also fosters creativity, social growth, personality adjustment, and a sense of self-worth.
- According to the findings of several pieces of research, learning a second language is an important component of the educational process, as well as creative inquiry and critical thinking.
Research has shown that studying a foreign language may improve a student’s general cognitive growth as well as their ability to solve problems.
- According to well-known studies, participating in art programs may benefit kids with mental health issues such as anxiety and sadness.
The above-mentioned are just a few of the interesting facts about arts education.
Overall, arts education from the top schools of Art in Pakistan gives students the skills they need to prosper in academics and aid in managing their emotions in a more productive manner.